Fire Alarm Systems Technician
TITLE: Fire Technician
DEPARTMENT: Field Services
REPORTS TO: Fire Technician Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $18.00/hour - $28.85/hour, based on experience and certifications
This is a full-time position, with full benefits including:
Paid holidays/Floating holiday
Paid charity day
401(k) with matching
Flexible spending account (FSA)
Long-term disability insurance
Paid time off (PTO)
Referral bonus program
Summary: The Fire Technician will install, program, maintain, or repair fire alarm wiring and equipment. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items.
▪ Fire alarm technicians install, test, maintain and repair fire alarm systems, that ensure the safety of occupants of both residential and commercial facilities.
▪ Perform system tests and inspections.
▪ Install new systems and equipment
▪ Troubleshoot/Repair new and existing systems.
▪ Program alarm systems.
▪ Complete electronic work orders, reports, and a variety of electronic documents.
▪ On call rotation. (Technicians are on call for 1 week at a time, Monday at 8am - the following Monday at 8am)
▪ Obtain and keep up to date on license requirements.
▪ Adapt to new systems and provide training to others.
▪ Work on other system types if needed.
▪ Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
▪ Work toward continuous quality improvement.
▪ Stay current with changing technology, including software and field services programs.
▪ Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required:
▪ One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
▪ Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
▪ Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
▪ Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
▪ Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
▪ Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
▪ Applicants for this position should have or be prepared to obtain their level I, II, or III NICET certification or ESA Equivalent.
Intellectual Demands: The intellectual demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
▪ Physical demand requirements listed are primarily applied to climbing Ladders, carrying storage containers, parts and tools 1/3 of the time.
▪ Vision – There are no special vision requirements for this position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Environmental – Exposure to potentially hazardous environmental conditions may include:
To apply for this position click here: