Security Systems Technician
TITLE: Security Technician
DEPARTMENT: Field Services (Security Division)
REPORTS TO: Security Tech Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Summary: The Security Technician installs, programs, maintains, or repairs security systems wiring and equipment. Ensures that work is in accordance with relevant security codes and standards.
This is a full-time position, with full benefits including:
Paid holidays/Floating holiday
Paid charity day
401(k) with matching
Flexible spending account (FSA)
Long-term disability insurance
Paid time off (PTO)
Referral bonus program
Wage Range: $16 - $26/hour, based on experience
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items.
▪ Security system technician/estimator will install, test, maintain and repair security alarm systems, that ensure the safety of occupants of both residential and commercial facilities.
▪ Perform system tests and inspections.
▪ Install new systems and equipment. (card access, telephone entry, intercom, security, video, and custom controls)
▪ Troubleshoot/repair new and existing systems.
▪ Program systems.
▪ Complete electronic work orders, reports and a variety of electronic documents
▪ Site Survey and estimates.
▪ Prepare Intake Form for JOB Set up in software.
▪ Coordinate accepted estimate with Project Coordinator for JOB set up in software.
▪ Coordinate monitoring agreements for Contract issuance with Contract and RMR Manager.
▪ On call rotation as required.
▪ Once obtained, all licenses must be kept current.
▪ Be adaptable to new systems and willing to teach them.
▪ Work on other system types if needed.
▪ Verify and approve time and attendance for payroll processing.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
▪ Work toward continuous quality improvement.
▪ Stay current with changing technology, including software field service programs.
▪ Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
▪ High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
▪ Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
▪ Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
▪ Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
▪ Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
▪ Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
▪ Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
▪ Applicants for this position should have or be prepared to obtain their level I, II, or III NICET certification or ESA Equivalent and the working experience required for each, although this license is not required for security/estimating work.
Intellectual Demands: The intellectual demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
▪ Physical demand requirements listed are primarily applied to no more than 50lbs once per month, lifting tool bags, parts, and ladders.
▪ Vision – There are no special vision requirements for this position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Environmental – Exposure to potentially hazardous environmental conditions may include:
To apply for this position, click here: