Fire Alarm Technician Manager
TITLE: Fire Technician Manager
DEPARTMENT: Field Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Field Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Summary: The Fire Tech Manager will be responsible for managing field technicians and for being able to Install, program, maintain, or repair fire systems wiring and equipment. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes and standards.
This is a full-time position, with full benefits including:
Paid holidays/Floating holiday
Paid charity day
401(k) with matching
Flexible spending account (FSA)
Long-term disability insurance
Paid time off (PTO)
Referral bonus program
Wage Range: $25 - $38/hour, based on experience and certifications
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items.
▪ Fire Tech Manager shall have the ability to install, test, maintain and repair fire alarm systems, that ensure the safety of occupants of both residential and commercial facilities.
▪ Maintain JOBS process and steps for fire work.
▪ Stay current on OSHA requirements (state and federal) for compliance.
▪ Coordinates scheduling.
▪ Train new and existing technicians.
▪ Conduct site survey and estimates.
▪ Prepare Intake Form for JOB set up in software.
▪ Coordinate accepted estimate with Project Coordinator for JOB set up in software.
▪ Coordinate monitoring agreements for contract issuance with Contract and RMR Manager.
▪ Obtain any required licenses, all licenses must be kept current.
▪ Be adaptable to new systems and willing to train.
▪ Verify and approve time and attendance for payroll processing.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
▪ Work toward continuous quality improvement.
▪ Stay current with changing technology, including software and field services programs.
▪ Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Fire Technician Manager has supervisory responsibility for the Fire Technician Department, including approximately 4 direct reports
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
▪ Five year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
▪ Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
▪ Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
▪ Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
▪ Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
▪ Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
▪ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees or organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
▪ Applicants for this position must have minimum Level II, or III NICET certification, or ESA Equivalent.
▪ Local and state fire alarm license
Intellectual Demands: The intellectual demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
▪ Physical demand requirements listed are primarily applied to no more than 50lbs once per month, lifting tool bags, parts, and ladders.
▪ Vision – There are no special vision requirements for this position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
To apply for this position, click here: